Thursday, March 31, 2011

"When Greed Gives Way to Giving"

            The article “When Greed Gives Way to Giving” By Ana Veciana-Suarez was about a 67 year-old man named Bob Thompson who sold his road-building company for $422 million. Instead of spending it on himself, he decided to share his wealth with his 550 workers.
            This article caught my attention because I am surprised someone would share that kind of money. You have to have a big heart to do that for people. In today’s society you rarely id ever hear about someone doing that for their employees. I envy Thompson because of his generosity. I am a very generous person myself but I don’t think I would share my wealth. I am upset with myself for saying that because I love helping people in their time of need. But when it comes to working and saving money, in today’s economy being so bad, you need to keep and save every penny you have to make a living. When it comes down to it I will go out of my way to help people and to make people happy. I am a strong believer in karma and I think that’s where my generosity comes from. I feel that id you help people and are nice to people, in the long run it will help you. Also, while in the process of being generous you walk away feeling good about yourself.
            I agree with Veciana-Suarez when she says “He seems to have mastered what many of us have yet to understand.” Thompson is a very generous man and I think if more people practiced generosity a little more the world would be such a better place.   

1 comment:

  1. The essay is the most important part of a college application, so you need to focus and make a good essay to convince the university accept you. You even get help from essay writing expert to ensure you acceptance. Check out, please DigitalEssay.net

    ReplyDelete