Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"Cell Yell: Thanks for (Not) Sharing"

            The article “Cell Yell: Thanks for (Not) Sharing” by Eric A. Taub is about how society today with cell phone use intrudes on other people’s lives. Back in the 1950’s when people needed to make a call they were able to use phone booths so their conversations were private and excluded to other people. A lot of people are extremely rude, making or answering calls while in an air plane, in the movies, and even in restaurants.
            I completely agree with Taub because I can’t tell you how many times I go out somewhere and I feel like I’m apart of someone’s conversation. I noticed that a lot of people talk loud while on the phone. I sometimes catch myself doing it too. I think it’s because if you are having a hard time hearing the other person that you feel that they cant hear you, so you have to peak up. It’s really distracting when you are out to eat trying to enjoy yourself, while the person near you is screaming on the phone. Another problem is that people are sometimes so inconsiderate that they leave their phones on loud and it rings while in a movie theater and they sit and talk over the movie. People should be more respectful to others. If the phone call is important walk out of the movies or restaurant and answer it. Cell phones have become such a huge part society. Even now texting is becoming a problem. Kids especially will answer a text in class and while driving. Even with the new law in tact, people still text and drive and it’s a huge danger to other people.
            I believe cell phones are a good thing to have just incase of an emergency. But people are taking abuse to it. The society would be a better and safer place if people put them to the side and used them respectfully and when necessary.  

No comments:

Post a Comment