Monday, March 7, 2011

"Only Daughter"

            The article “Only Daughter” by Sandra Cisneros is about Sandra being an only daughter in a family of nine. Her father believes girls go to college to find a husband. When Sandra graduates college, and is still husbandless her father is disappointed. Sandra proceeds in writing books and after getting them published, she lets her dad read one and he is very proud of her accomplishments.
            Even though different cultures look at situations differently, I think it was wrong for Sandra’s father to be disappointed with all her accomplishments because she did not have a husband. Sandra was very successful in school and she was passionate about writing.           
            If I had a daughter like Sandra I would be so proud of all her accomplishments even if she was not married yet. The most important thing to me would be how successful my daughter is and that she will be going far in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment