Thursday, March 10, 2011

"Good Grammar Get the Girl"

In the article “Good Grammar Gets the Girl” by Elissa Englund tells about how using proper grammar gives you a better chance at life. Just like in the story Englund tells about a dating site she’s on and how she meets a guy that goes by the name Craig. He seems like a sweet guy but all his grammar errors turn her off. And Englund deletes him from her contact list.
I think this is a little too harsh. Even though everyone should use proper grammar, there are also simple mistakes people make. I don’t agree with Englund about deleting people from contact lists, or shutting them out of your life completely because of grammar errors. I make a lot of grammar errors myself, but that doesn’t make me a dumb person at all. You should be interested in someone not just by their writing skills, but how sweet and caring a person is.
If I was Englund I would have gave Craig a chance. He seems like a really nice guy. He graduated college and has a full-time job. Even though his grammar was way off, he doesn’t come off as a dumb person. He is probably a really smart guy, just his writing needs some help.

No comments:

Post a Comment