Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hunger

   When i first read the title "Hunger" by Nilsa Mariano. My first instinct was that the story was about poverty in third world countires. But as I read I realized the story was about a women named Taina and she was an insperational speaker to children. At first the story had no interest to me. But as I read on it kind of hooked me.
    The story is about children who hungered for exceptance because of their nationality. Tiana talked about no matter what nationality they are, that they were beautiful. At first the children were shy about their nationality. But as soon as Tiana mentioned she was spanish, the children became more lively.
    The story was kind of confusing at first, I didnt really understand what I waas reading. The story was confusing because it kind of jumped around and had some random thoughts in it that shouldnt have been mentioned. Over all the children felt excepted about their nationality. Because of Tiana the children feel more confident about thenselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment