Monday, February 14, 2011

The Flip Side Of Internest Fame

    I knew internet harrassment was one of the huge problems in this generation of kids. But after reading "The Flip Side Of Internet Fame" by Jessica Bennett I didnt realize how many kids lives were being tourchered by the internet. By reading this article it has really opened my eyes. Just by posting a video so minor and so innocent, can lead to harressment and tourcher. Just like Ghyslain Raza from Canada. Filmed himself making a Star Wars reenactment and a bunch of kids added music and special effects to his video. It got posted all over a bunch of different websites. Ghyslain Raza got badly harrassed by kids.
     I liked this article. It brought a lot of attention to me. I know quite a bit of people who video themselves doing stupid or funny things and post it on youtube.com and other websites where people can get a hold of them.
      Over all I think more kids should read this article to help them see the danger and damage that other people and the internet can do to a person's life. It's really not worth trying to impress other people by posting videos of yourself becuase it can lead to harrassment.

No comments:

Post a Comment