Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dear Dads: Save Your Sons

     After reading "Dear Dads: Save Your Sons" by Christopher N. Bacorn. I started to think about kids in todays society growing up without fathers. It's sad knowing that children without dads turn to drugs and violence. Just like the boy in the fifteen year old boy in the story. His father left four years ago, and the boy turned to alcohol, gangs, failing school and violence. His mother, heartbroken, tried to get him help from a professional. But the boy just turned everything down.
      I feel if more children turn to professionals and listen to what they have to say, and try their suggestions maybe they will get back on track with their life. It's hard to say when you grow up with a father figure the problems you'll be stubling on.
     This article gave me an idea of what some kids go through. I have always been really close to my dad rather than my mom. And I can't imagine going through life all that pain without my father to be there to support me in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment